All visitors must hold a passport or a valid travel document.
Visas are required by all visitors except:
- Nationals of Albania, Andorra, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Canada, Cape Verde, Chile, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech, Denmark, Dominica, Egypt, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Grenada, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kingdom of Morocco, Kiribati, Korea (Republic of), Latvia, Lebanon, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malaysia, Mali, Malta, Mauritius, Mexico, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Namibia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Armenia, Republic of Belarus, Romania, Russia, Samoa, San Marino, Serbia, Seychelles, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Tanzania, Thailand, Turkey, U.S.A., United Kingdom, Uruguay for a stay up to 30 days;
- National of Brunei for a stay up to 14 days;
- Nationals of Cyprus, Lebanon, Israel, New Zealand for a stay up to 3 months;
- National of United Kingdom for a stay up to 6 months;
- Nationals of Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Czech, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, Switzerland for a stay up to 90 days;
- Holders of a Hong Kong Identity Card, Hong Kong Permanent Identity Card or Re-entry Permit;
- Nationals of China with valid Macao entry / depart documents;
- Holders of Consulate / Diplomatic documents issued by the Macao SAR or Hong Kong SAR;
- Holders of Diplomatic Passport;
- Holders of “Laissez Passer” issued by the United Nations; in the course of duty;
- Holders of travel document issued by the Portuguese authorities for the foreign citizens.
Visas can be obtained from the Immigration Services through Embassies/Consulates of the PRC and should be used within the validity. The visa is expired after the valid date.
Visas may be applied for upon arrival at the Immigration counter, however some countries are required to apply for an entry visa before embarking to Macao.
There are three types:
Individual – MOP100, children under 12 years of age pay MOP50.
Family Passport – MOP200
Group – MOP50 per person for bona fide groups of 10 or more and children aged 12 or under.
The above information is for reference only. For further information on entry formalities, please call the Macau Immigration Services of Public Security Police Force: +853 2872 5488 or visit the website: http://www.fsm.gov.mo, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For those who want to travel to mainland China, visas may be obtained at any of the China Travel Service (CTS) offices counters in Macao (the main branch is located at Avenida do Dr. Rodrigo Rodrigues, nºs 223-225, Edifício Nam Kuong, tel.+853 2870 0888) or at the Gongbei Immigration and Customs (after the Border Gate).
Portuguese passport holders who need the consulate’s assistance may go to the Portuguese Consulate located at Rua Pedro Nolasco da Silva, 45, or call Tel: +853 2835 6660/1/2 or fax: +853 2835 6658.